Sadly, there won’t be an eighth season of Ray Donovan. Showtime announced the cancellation of the series on February 4, 2020, after the seventh season.
Created by Ann Biderman, ‘Ray Donovan’ is an American physiological crime drama for Showtime. The first season was launched on June 30, 2013, comprising 12 episodes.
The series gained huge popularity after the release of its first season and obtained generally favorable reviews from the audience and critics alike. However, despite its success; showtime decided to terminate the series which didn’t sit well among the fans after learning the unhappy news.
Here’s everything you need to know about Ray Donovan Season 8.
Why Season 8 of Ray Donovan Won’t Happen
The series was terminated without any sort of warning, which came as a big shock to the fans and series executive producer, director, and writer – David Hollander. It seems like season 8 could have been the final outing of the show, and Hollander already had notions about the next season’s storyline.
“We had no notion that the programme was ending,” David Hollander expressed after learning of the series cancellation.
He revealed that Season 8 has a high chance of happening. “We were acting as though we were in the middle of a sentence,” he said. Hollander further added: “This was not the final instalment in the series.”
Although the series ended, fans have been trying to get the showrunners at showtime to get a new season. Needless to say, their determination and efforts finally paid off as Showtime declared on February 24, 2021, that a feature-length movie will be launched to wrap the storyline with David Hollander as the director and a co-writer along with the actor Liev Schreiber. The film titled “Ray Donovan: The Movie” was released on January 14, 2022. Chris Gray, Chris Petrovski, AJ Michalka, and David Patrick Kelly returned in the film.
Ray Donovan Season 8: Release Date
The series has been cancelled by Showtime so there’s no release date available for season 8 of Ray Donovan.
Showtime, as of August 2022, is yet to announce the release date of season 8 of Ray Donovan. There’s been no conclusive evidence of whether the series is under production or not.
Therefore, the release date for season 8 of Ray Donovan is unspecified, but if all goes as prearranged and production begins this year. The series would positively be aired by the summer of 2022 or early 2023.
The Cast of Ray Donovan Season 8
It’s confirmed that there won’t be a season 8 of Ray Donovan but if there’s ever a possibility that the series returns; we can expect all the central characters to return in the eighth season.
- Liev Schreiber plays Raymond “Ray” Donovan
- Paula Malcomson portrays Abigail “Abby” Donovan
- Eddie Marsan plays Terrence “Terry” Donovan
- Dash Mihok depicts Brendan “Bunchy” Donovan
- Pooch Hall characterizes Daryll Donovan
- Steven Bauer plays Avi Rudin,
- Katherine Moennig plays Lena Burnham
- Kerris Dorsey portrays Bridget Donovan
- Devon Bagby portrays Conor Donovan
- Jon Voight depicts Michael “Mickey” Donovan
- Susan Sarandon plays Samantha “Sam” Winslow,
- Graham Rogers in the role of Jacob “Smitty” Smith
Updated August 2022
- Elliott Gould as Ezra Goldman
- Peter Jacobson as Lee Drexler
- Denise Crosby as Debra “Deb” Goldman
- William Stanford Davis as Potato Pie
- Ambyr Childers as Ashley Rucker
- Josh Pais as Stuart “Stu” Feldman
- Sheryl Lee Ralph as Claudette
- Paul Michael Glaser as Alan
- Austin Nichols as Thomas “Tommy” Wheeler
- Brooke Smith as Frances Simpson
- Michael McGrady as Frank Barnes
- Craig Ricci Shaynak as Kenneth “Tiny” Benson
- Octavius J. Johnson as Marvin Gaye Washington
- Frank Whaley as FBI Agent Van Miller
- Johnathon Schaech as Sean Walker
- James Woods as Patrick “Sully” Sullivan
- Rosanna Arquette as Linda
- Kwame Patterson as Re-Kon
- Mo McRae as Deonte Frasier
- Jay Thomas as Marty Grossman
- Hank Azaria as Ed Cochran
Ray Donovan Season 8: Plot
Plot details are not revealed nor are available as the series has ended for good after producing seven seasons. The seventh season was the final season of the series.
Where Can I Watch Ray Donovan?
All the episodes of the previous seven seasons and ‘Ray Donovan: The Movie” are available for streaming on Showtime. Go watch it now!
Ray Donovan Season 8 trailer?
The renewal of Ray Donovan Season 8 has not been announced by Showtime, as of now. Generally, the trailer comes out a month or two before the premiere date of the series. Thus, Showtime will release the trailer of the series on time if it gets renewed. Let’s just wait for the makers to release it. Meanwhile, you may watch the trailer for the first seven seasons of Ray Donovan.