Right after it aired, Moon Knight has captured the hearts of all the Marvel fans out there! The new Marvel series, starring Oscar Isaac, introduced audiences to Steven Grant and Marc Spector.
While a season 2 isn’t guaranteed (at the moment), Isaac hasn’t ruled one out. When speaking to Variety about Moon Knight’s future he said: we all agreed that this [show] is what we’re going to focus on. This is the story. And if there’s any kind of future, I think it just depends on if people like it, if people want to see more, and if we find a story that’s worth telling.”
Well, with only six episodes on the air, viewers are, of course, wondering about a second season for the show. Here’s what we know about Moon Knight season 2!
Moon Knight season 2: What’s the show about?
The trailer for Moon Knight introduces the Marvel (and casual) audiences to Steven Grant, a sleep-deprived and disoriented store employee – played by Oscar Isaac. Steven eventually learns that he has some dissociative identity disorder. He, then, ends up sharing his body with a mercenary named Marc Spector.
Marc and Steven “must navigate their complex identities while thrust into a deadly mystery among the powerful gods of Egypt” Marvel writes.
Moon Knight season 2: Has Moon Knight been renewed for a season 2?
As of now, Moon Knight hasn’t been renewed for a second season. The show was billed as a miniseries, otherwise known as a limited series. So, this wild ride is perhaps set to end in May. However, a second season isn’t entirely out of the question. There have been incidents of limited series being picked up in the future. And we can never go wrong with a Marvel series, can we?
Moon Knight episode release dates and times
Here’s the full release schedule for Moon Knight on Disney Plus. We’ll update this as more info becomes available.
- The Goldfish Problem – Wednesday 30th March 2022
- Summon the Suit – Wednesday 6th April 2022
- The Friendly Type – Wednesday 13th April 2022
- The Tomb – Wednesday 20th April 2022
- Asylum – Wednesday 27th April 2022
- TBC – Wednesday 4th May 2022
Moon Knight season 2 cast: Who’s going to be in it?
Who’s going to appear in Moon Knight season 2, if it happens? Can we expect to see all of the cast members? If Moon Knight season 2 were to happen, here’s who you can expect:
- Oscar Isaac, who portrays Moon Knight/Marc Spector/Steven Grant/Mr Knight
- May Calamawy as Marc’s wife and archaeologist Layla El-Faouly.
- Karim El Hakim, who portrays the physical form of the deity Khonshu, while F. Murray Abraham provides the voice to the imperious Egyptian god.
- Ann Akinjirin and David Ganly also put in appearances as Bobbi and Billy, respectively.
- Ethan Hawke portrays the series’ chief antagonist and a zealous cult leader, Arthur Harrow.
- Later in the run, fans can also expect the late French actor Gaspard Ulliel to debut as antique collector Anton Mogart aka Midnight Man.
Moon Knight season 2: When is the Moon Knight finale?
The final episode of Moon Knight will be released on Disney Plus on 4 May. The first five episodes of the series are available to watch on Disney Plus now.
Moon Knight season 2: Will there be more episodes of Moon Knight
At present, there are no further episodes planned for Moon Knight. And, no second season is confirmed.
The character is expected to crossover into Marvel Cinematic Universe films following the series, but fans will have to wait a while before any official notice comes our way. However, keep up with the manifestations and all, guys – we want another Marvel Moon Knight season!!
We will be sure to update you with anything we hear about Moon Knight’s future. Stay tuned!
Moon Knight season 2: Where to watch?
Watch the complete series on Disney+ Hotstar!