Fans around the world have been patiently waiting for the return of the dark fantasy supernatural thriller anime series Ajin: Demi-Human for a little over seven years now and till today, not a single word has been heard from the makers. At this point, we’re only losing hope and with no updates so far. So what are the chances of Ajin: Demi-Human returning with a new season? Let’s find out below.
About the Show
Ajin: Demi-Human is a popular Japanese animated series based on a Japanese manga series penned and illustrated by Gamon Sakurai. It began serialization in Kodansha’s seinen manga publication Good! Afternoon from July 2012 to February 2021 and was compiled into seventeen volumes in total. The manga series has been authorized for English discharge by Vertical in North America.
With the insane popularity and appreciation it received from the fans, Polygon Pictures adapted the manga series into a 3D anime movie trilogy between November 2015 and September 2016. Subsequently, Polygon Pictures also adapted it into an anime series that aired from January to April 2016, with season two being aired from October 2016 to December 2016. After this, A live-action film adaptation was launched in September 2017.
Is Ajin: Demi-Human Season Renewed or Canceled?
As of April 2023, Ajin: Demi-Human has not been renewed for a third season yet. Polygon Pictures have so far not made any announcements considering the renewal confirmation of the show. Hence, it is not certain if the anime series will return for another season. Fans are also disappointed as they have been waiting for a long time with no announcements from the makers or the studio. So we have come to the conclusion that a third season is unlikely.
Ajin: Demi-Human is Exiting Netflix
The Japanese animated series is an exclusive global licensed series, meaning outside of Japan, the streaming giant grasps the entire streaming rights to circulate anime globally, even if it’s just on a temporary ground.
When is Ajin: Demi-Human Season 3 Releasing?
As mentioned before, no updates have been provided by the makers nor from the studios till now. The first season of Ajin: Demi-Human was launched on Netflix in April 2016, followed by the second season which came out in December of the same year. So as you may already know, there is no release date announced since nothing has been announced concerning the third season of the anime series. If we get any news in the coming days, we’ll be sure to update this part of the section as soon as possible. Stay tuned!
The Voice Cast of Ajin: Demi-Human: Who Are They?
Here is the whole cast list of the main characters in the anime series.
- Kei Nagai is voiced by Mamoru Miyano (Japanese); Johnny Yong Bosch (English)
- Kaito is being voiced by Yoshimasa Hosoya (Japanese); Bryce Papenbrook (English)
- Ko Nakano is voiced by Jun Fukuyama (Japanese); Griffin Burns (English)
- Yu Tosaki is voiced by Takahiro Sakurai (Japanese); Todd Haberkorn (English)
- Yoko Tainaka is voiced by Mikako Komatsu (Japanese); Cristina Vee (English)
- Sato / Samuel T. Owen is voiced by Hochu Otsuka (Japanese); Pete Sepenuk (English)
- Koji Tanaka is voiced by Daisuke Hirakawa (Japanese); Keith Silverstein (English)
- Masumi Okuyama is voiced by Hiroyuki Yoshino (Japanese); Lucien Dodge (English)
- Takeshi Kotobuki is voiced by Soma Saito
- Eriko Nagai is voiced by Aya Suzaki
- Ikuya Ogura is voiced by Hiroyuki Kinoshita (Japanese); Kyle McCarley (English)
The anime series was helmed by Hiroyuki Seshita (Chief) and Hiroaki Ando and produced by Hiroshi Kamei, Kotaro Sudo, Yoshihiko Yamazaki, Hideyuki Saito, and Masaya Saito.