Conceived by Nick Frost alongside Simon Pegg, James Serafinomicz, and Nat Saunders, “Truth Seekers” is a British comedy horror that stars Nick Frost and Simon Pegg in the lead roles, along with Susan Wokoma, Malcom McDowell, Emma D’Arcy, Julian Barratt, and Samson Kayo in the supporting roles. The series premiered on October 30, 2020, on Amazon Prime Video.
The series follows a squad of temporary ghost operatives who use homemade appliances to trace the supernatural, sharing their experiences online. As their disturbed investigations get more frightening they start to discover an unthinkable, apocalyptic conspiracy.
Season 1 of Truth Seekers comprises a total of 8 episodes namely The Haunting Of Connelly’s Nook, The Watcher on the Water, The Girl with All the Ghosts, The Incident at CovColCosCon, The Ghost of the Beast of Bodmin, The Revenge or the Chichester Widow, The Hinckley Boy and The Shadow of the Moon.
Let’s find out whether or not Amazon will bring back the series for a third run.
Truth Seekers Season 2: Is it Confirmed or Cancelled?
Sadly, there will be no season 3 of Truth Seekers as Amazon has decided to cancel the show after one season.
The information was verified by series co-creator and star Nick Frost.
“Sadly, Truth Seekers will not be returning for a second season,” he said in a since-deleted Instagram video. “Truth Seekers has not been renewed, which is a massive kick in the willy for me. We really put our all into this – our heart and soul, and blood in some cases — so to not come back is really sad for us. It’s a shame. I think we had lots of lovely ghost stories to tell, stories that will remain untold. If you liked the show, thank you. I really, really appreciate your support. And if you didn’t, well, are you happy now? Happy now?”Looks like the show is over for good.
Truth Seekers Season 2 Release Date: When is it?
Truth Seekers season 3 release date is not announced because Amazon canceled the series after the first season.
The eight-episode first season was launched on Amazon Prime Video on October 30, 2020.
Nick Frost conveyed his dissatisfaction in a tape on Instagram. “We really put our all into this, our heart and soul and blood in some cases, so to not come back is really sad for us and it’s a shame. I think we had lots of lovely ghost stories to tell. Stories that will remain now untold.”
Simon Pegg and Nick Frost formerly said they’re up for another season of the show. In a chat with RadioTimes.com, Pegg said: “I’m thinking of at least three seasons.”
He expanded: “We have a multi-season arc. We have this idea of how they progress and who [the characters] become.
“I kind of like the idea of limited seasons. Because nowadays you get things that go on for 10 years and then they run out of steam or they get cancelled. Now we’re in the era of something being one season or two seasons, there aren’t really any rules any more. But if we can make a nice little one-to-three punch, that’ll be great. We’ll see how it goes!”
The Cast of Truth Seekers
Here are the names of the cast members and the characters they played in the first season of Truth Seekers.
- Nick Frost plays Gus Roberts
- Malcolm McDowell plays Richard
- Samson Kayo plays Elton John
- Susan Wokoma portrays Helen
- Emma D’Arcy plays Astrid
- Simon Pegg portrays Dave
- Taj Atwal depicts Elara
- Julian Barratt plays Dr. Peter Toynbee
- Kelly Macdonald plays JoJo 74
- Jon Rumney depicts Doctor Connelly
- Ranjit Krishnamma portrays Terryu
- Denise Stephenson plays Astrid’s mother
- Mike Beckingham portrays Bjorn
- Robin Weaver plays Wendy
- Hon Ping Tang depicts Atlas
- Rosalie Craig portrays Emily
- Dan O’Keefe plays Soldier Alfie Atkins
- Mark Quartley illustrates Author
- Patricia Brake characterizes Miss Connelly
- Elliot Levey plays Publisher
- Al Roberts plays Young Byron Berkeley
- Alex Bartram plays Senior Officer
- Tom Canton portrays High Inquisitor
- Kate Nash depicts Mary Coleford
- Ohonmi Osemwekha plays Christina
- Peter Rugman portrays Young Peter Toynbee
- Isaiah Joshua Chambers plays Lionel
- Dustin Demri-Burns plays Doctor Kettering
- Kevin Eldon plays Jack
- James Parsons plays Scraggly Man
- Morgana Robinson depicts Janey Feathers
- Julian Curry portrays Old Byron Berkeley
As of July 2022, the show stands canceled and there will not be a season 3 of Truth Seekers in the future.