Created by Victoria Madden, ‘The Gloaming’ is an Australian crime thriller mystery TV series. It is written by Peter McKenna alongside Madden and directed by Michael Rymer with Greg McLean and Sian Davies.
The series was launched on the Stan network on January 1, 2020. Filming for the first season took place in Tasmania and features Emma Booth, Ewen Leslie, Aaron Pedersen, Anthony Phelan, Nicole Chamoun, Ditch Davey, Max Brown, Josephine Blazier, Matthew Testro, Markella Kavenagh, Zenia Starr, Rena Owen, and Martin Henderson.
A second season is yet to be released although it was reported that it was in progress. Let’s find out in the deets below:
Will there be Season 2 of The Gloaming?
Currently, there is no concrete information regarding whether a second season will happen or not. However, it was previously reported that season 2 was in development. This piece of news was out over a year ago and till now the showmakers or the network haven’t given any updates.
Nevertheless, it’s difficult to word it out about the possibility of the series returning with another season.
When is Season 2 of The Gloaming Premiering?
No official release date for season 2 of The Gloaming has been published so far since the show still hasn’t been renewed or canceled yet although the first season was released back on May 9, 2020, consisting of a total of 8 episodes.
Reportedly, it appears that the series is still in the development stages and we’re clueless at this point since the cast and crew have never mentioned anything about filming schedules.
If the show returns, fans need to wait patiently as the new episodes probably won’t be put on until sometime in 2023.
The Cast of The Gloaming Season 2
Except to see all the characters return in the second season which including–
- Ewen Leslie in the role of Alex O’Connell
- Aaron Pedersen will characterize Inspector Lewis Grimshaw
- Anthony Phelan will play the role of William Fian
- Nicole Chamoun in the role of Jacinta Clunes
- Ditch Davey plays Toby Broomhall
- Max Brown in the role of Oscar Wolfe
- Josephine Blazier will play the character Lily Broomhall
- Matthew Testro will be seen playing Freddie Hopkins
- Markella Kavenagh will return as Daisy Hart
- Zenia Starr will be back as Freya Harris
- Rena Owen will portray the character of Grace Cochran
- Martin Henderson will play the role of Gareth McAvaney
- Nathan Spencer will be seen playing Ben O’Connell
- Milly Alcock will play the role of Jenny McGinty
The Gloaming Season 2 Plot
When it comes to the plot details, it’s been kept under wraps but if ever a season gets renewed, it is expected that the story would continue from where it was left off.
Till then, wait patiently and keep your eyes peels on this post for more updates.