Pine Gap is an Australian TV series that premiered on 14 October 2018, on Netflix and ABC. Written and created by Greg Haddrick and Felicity Packard with Mat King directing all six episodes, the series is a blend of Drama, Mystery, and Thriller.
The storyline of the series follows “the international political thriller which is set around the Australian and American joint defense intelligence facility at Pine Gap, southwest of the town of Alice Springs, Australia.”
It stars Parker Sawyers, Tess Haubrich, Jacqueline McKenzie, Steve Toussaint, Stephen Curry, Sachin Joab, and Mark Leonard Winter.
Will there be Season 2 of Pine Gap?
As of November 2022, season 2 of Pine Gap is yet to be renewed by Screentime. Neither the cast members nor did the production update any hint on the renewal of the upcoming installment.
Pine Gap Season 2 Cast
As of now, there has been no official announcement regarding the confirmation of Pine Gap’s cast members. However, keeping an eye on the finale episodes of Pine Gap, we can anticipate some cast members from the previous season to appear again. Unless there is an official statement, we can’t assure you of the contestant’s name.
- Parker Sawyers will play the role of Gus Thomson
- Tess Haubrich will play the role of Jasmina Delic
- Jacqueline McKenzie will play the role of Kath Sinclair
- Steve Toussaint will play the role of Ethan James
- Stephen Curry will play the role of Jacob Kitto
- Sachin Joab will play the role of Simon Penny
- Mark Leonard Winter will play the role of Moses Dreyfus
- Kelton Pell will play the role of Dr Paul Dupain
- Madeleine Madden will play the role of Immy Dupain
- Lewis Fitz-Gerald will play the role of Rudi Fox
- Edwina Wren will play the role of Eloise Chambers
- Alice Keohavong will play the role of Deborah Vora
- Jason Chong will play the role of Zhou Lin
- Simone Kessell will play the role of Belle James
- Milly Alcock will play the role of Marissa
- Michael-Anthony Taylor will play the role of Will Thompson
Pine Gap Season 2 Release Date
Since the renewal of the Pine Gap Season 2 is not announced officially by the makers. We don’t have a specific date of release at the moment nor do we have any idea on the date of renewal. As soon as any news regarding the release is out, we’ll keep you updated. Stay in touch with us for more updates!
Pine Gap Season 1 Ending Explained
ABC released the six-episode Australian political thriller Pine Gap Season 1 in 2018, which occurs at Pine Gap, a US-Australian espionage base in the Outback. A missile launch in Myanmar starts the season. The Pine Gap crew investigates the launch but cannot pinpoint its origin or aim. The team believes the launch was a renegade group test, but they cannot confirm this.
The US and Australian governments are negotiating a new military deal. Some Australian officials oppose the deal, which would give the US more access to Pine Gap. The Pine Gap crew discovers that a Chinese commander launched the missile to overthrow the government. The squad stops the general’s intentions, but he attacks the US and Australia online.
Cyberattacks undermine society and threaten conflict in the US and Australia. The two governments resolved the situation peacefully. Pine Gap continues to scan the world for threats as the season concludes. They know hazardous forces are at work, yet they want to protect their countries.
Its intrigue, intriguing characters, and realistic representation of intelligence collection earned the season plaudits. It was also lauded for its timely examination of US-Australia relations and China’s rise. Pine Gap Season 1 was a well-made, thought-provoking thriller. It will appeal to political intrigue, espionage, and international relations lovers.
9 Similar shows to watch if you loved “Pine Gap”
Here are a few shows to watch if you loved Pine Gap:
- Secret City (2016–2019): Political journalist Harriet Dunkley discovers a government-intelligence conspiracy in this Australian political thriller series. The series is noted for its rich characters, realistic Australian politics, and exciting plot.
- Playing for Keeps (2022): A bunch of high school rugby players are involved in a coach-politician controversy. The series realistically depicts Australian high school life and explores power, corruption, and sexual assault.
- Homeland (2011–2020): CIA officer Carrie Mathison fears a Taliban-held US Marine has become a terrorist. The series is noted for its rich characters, realistic CIA portrayal, and exciting plot.
- The Americans (2013-2018): Two 1980s KGB officers pose as an American married couple in this American period drama. Complex characters, realistic Cold War depiction, and dramatic plot make the series famous.
- Fauda (2015–present): A veteran Israeli soldier leads a secret operation to kill a Hamas terrorist in this Israeli thriller. The series portrays the Israeli-Palestinian conflict realistically and suspensefully.
- Tehran (2020–present): A Mossad spy is recruited to undermine Iran’s nuclear program in this Israeli thriller. The series portrays the Israeli-Iranian confrontation realistically and suspensefully.
- The Looming Tower (2018): This American drama miniseries covers 9/11’s prelude. The series is famous for its realistic FBI and CIA portrayal and complicated characters.
- State of Play (2003): A journalist investigates a cabinet minister’s death in this British political thriller miniseries. The series is noted for its rich characters, realistic British politics, and exciting plot.
- The Wire (2002-2008): Baltimore’s drug trafficking is the focus of The Wire. This series is recognized for its realistic drug trade, fascinating characters, and societal commentary.
Will Pine Gap season 2 return in 2023?
As of January 2023, the series Pine Gap is yet to be renewed for the second season. The makers haven’t officially greenlit the series, and so, we don’t know whether or not it will return in 2023. Let’s await more information from the makers or streaming platform. Until then, stay connected with us!
How many episodes could there be in season 2 of Pine Gap?
The previous season of Pine Gap had a total of 6 episodes. Thus, if the makers decide to follow a similar pattern, the second season may also comprise 6 episodes. However, there hasn’t been an official update yet.
Pine Gap season two plot: What to expect?
Pine Gap is an Australian political thriller TV series that aired in 2018 on Netflix. So far there’s only one season with 6 episodes. The plot of the series talks about the American and Australian joint defence intelligence facility located at Pine Gap.
Pine Gap is the name of the location, situated in the south-west of Alice Springs town in Australia. The series was created by Felicity Packard and Greg Haddrick.
Is Pine Gap worth watching?
Pine Gap is an engaging political thriller and drama TV series. It highlights personal relationships rather than illustrating who’s got how many bullets. On IMDb, the series Pine Gap holds an average rating of 7.2 out of 10. Further, it has acquired a positive response from audiences and critics alike. Hence, it’s definitely worth watching!
Pine Gap: Where To Watch?
You may watch the series on Netflix and ABC.
Pine Gap Season 2 Trailer
Netflix and ABC are yet to renew the series of the second season of Pine Gap. Hence, the trailer of the upcoming season is not yet announced by Netflix and neither the teaser has been released. So, if the trailer comes out we’ll keep you posted.
As soon as the makers release any official confirmation on the renewal, we’ll keep you guys updated.
Will there be a season 3 of Pine Gap?
Pine Gap is a six-part mini-series that was released nearly five years ago. Based on the fact that there’s been no information till now implies the series has no plans of returning for a second season. Hence, the series will not be back for season 4 in 2023.
The series was executive produced by Bob Campbell, Rory Callaghan, Greg Haddrick, Sally Riley, and Kym Goldsworthy.