Even if Canada is not among the world’s biggest gambling capitals, the industry still has a place within the country. Canadian authorities are flexible and lenient in regulating the industry, which is a great plus. This results in an increase in the popularity of gambling activities, and the trend affects games such as sports wagering, lotteries, bingo, slots, and all other casino games.
As the number of available games increases, there is a significant surge in newcomers to the space and industry. Online casinos and sportsbooks are the main platforms many newcomers flock to and with good reason.
Online gambling services offer players a plethora of amazing perks that many consider irreplaceable. Playing from anywhere is just one of the many, with the most popular being gambling bonuses players can claim. Places like the OntarioCasinos website among many others offer these perks for free as one-time claimable options. These bonuses also serve as the main advertising tool of online gambling services and bring in a lot of traffic which further increases the industry’s popularity and brings in more users.
Most Popular types of iGaming
Canada has a diverse cast of options for gamblers but there is one that stands at the top, this unsurprisingly is online sports betting. It is a relatively simple way to gamble with straightforward odds and good payouts. It is no surprise that most players in Canada have no problem betting large sums of cash on this service. Apart from online sports betting, bingo has a large audience of women in Canada. Furthermore, online gamblers enjoy table games such as poker and other online casino games.
This can be seen in one of the most popular stars coming from Canada, Drake. The famous rapper loves the gambling industry and is even an ambassador for it, often taking to social media to share his bets and big wins. At times he has been spotted on the popular live-streaming platform Twitch donating to and playing at online casinos with streamers.
All these factors have led to a decline in land-based Canadian casinos, with most of the country playing at online establishments. Even the government has its own online casino, which is among the most popular in the country.
iGaming demographics in Canada
For online gambling in Canada, men and women make up nearly the same percentage of the demographic. With females taking up to 43% of the player base, leaving 57% for males. Of these, female gamblers use mobile devices more often than males, adding up to 55% of women using their mobile devices to gamble. As for the average age of gamblers, most of them are between the age of 18-35, which makes up most of the player base.
Most players prefer to play more active games when playing at online establishments, aiding the popularity of slot games as the most popular online casino game. Slots come in many different themes and levels of intricacy, making them perfect for multiple demographics. They also have a great return-to-player rate as users can win big while playing on them, which is why they have remained a favorite across the last few decades.
The future of iGaming in Canada
The industry is on a steady rise into being one of if not the biggest ones in Canada. With many new innovations and developments coming to its users it is a great time to be part of the industry. Most notably, virtual and augmented reality implementations within the industry are what will shape it. As many expect and predict, they will be a success and this will only cause the next big boom in popularity for the industry.
Leave a Reply