After delivering a single season, the series was canceled by Netflix. The official announcement for the cancellation came in September 2019.
Conceived and executively produced by David H. Steinberg and Keetgi Kogan for Netflix, ‘No Good Nick’ is an American sitcom drama TV series that premiered on April 15, 2019. The first season was divided into two parts. Part 1 consists of 10 episodes and Part 2 also consists of 10 episodes. The second part was released on August 5, 2019.
The Netflix show stars Lauren Lindsey Donzis, Siena Agudong, Kalama Epstein, Melissa Joan Hart, and Sean Astin. The cancellation news came as a shock to many fans who were eagerly awaiting Part 3 of the series but it looks like there won’t be any season.
Why Was No Good Nick Canceled?
Sadly, the sitcom wasn’t interesting enough to hook audiences and hence, the ratings were also affected mainly because ratings play an important role in determining the renewal or cancellation of any series. So ratings could be the reason why the show was axed in the first place.
Though Netflix is known for canceling shows abruptly, this is not the most upsetting cancellation from the giant streamer as we have witnessed many hit series being canceled in the past and as for this show some fans already saw it coming about the cancellation as it didn’t do well in terms of engaging the audiences.
Series co-showrunner David H. Steinberg shared a statement on his Twitter handle about the cancellation. Read the statement below:
— David H. Steinberg (@DavidHSteinberg) September 15, 2019
The Whole Cast List of No Good Nick
Netflix’s No Good Nick introduced the viewers to some of the most talented cast but still, it wasn’t enough to save the series.
- Siena Agudong in the role of Nicole “Nick” Franzelli
- Lauren Lindsey Donzis played the role of Molly
- Kalama Epstein was seen playing as Jeremy
- Sean Astin was seen playing as Ed
- Melissa Joan Hart in the character of Liz
- Kyla-Drew played the character of Becky
- Sanai Victoria played the role of Tamika
- Tiana Le acted as Xuan
- Eddie McClintock in the character of Tony Franzelli
- Ted McGinley played the role of Sam
- Molly Hagan was seen portraying Dorothy Harbaugh
- Alex Poncio depicted the role of Jim
- Gus Kamp in the role of Eric
- Marco Sanchez played his character as Eduardo
- Lori Mae Hernandez portrayed her role as Riley
- Josie Totah in the role of Lisa Haddad
- Jerry Trainor portrayed his role as Todd
- Gavin Lewis in the role of Omar
- Jonathan Silverman was seen playing as Paul
As for the guest stars, Ana Rey and Elaine Kao played the role of Sheri and Ms. Lee in the first season of No Good Nick.
No Good Nick Plot
The official description for the series reads:
“13-year-old Nicole aka Nick infiltrates a family with the intention to get revenge on them for unknowingly ruining her life. As she gets to know the family, though, she will find compassion for them and will struggle with whether or not she can go through with her plan.”