Conceived by Stefano Sollima alongside Leonardo Fasoli and Mauricio Katz, ‘ZeroZeroZero’ is an Italian crime drama TV series for Amazon Prime Video and Sky Atlantic+. The series premiered on February 14, 2020. It is heavily inspired by the book of the exact title written by Roberto Saviano, an investigation of the business around illegal drugs surrounding its activity across continents.
After an outstanding first season, fans can’t help but look forward to the story continuing in the next season. The series received a generally favorable response from the audiences and critics alike. Here’s everything you need to know about the second season.
ZeroZeroZero Season 2 Release Date: When Is It?
Sadly, the audience will be disheartened to know that ZeroZeroZero will be a limited standalone series. When asked about the director and creator Stefano Sollima whether or not the series will be a sequel, he responded “No.” He added, “It’s a miniseries called Zero Zero Zero. It’s eight episodes long, and that’s where the season finishes”.
Coming back to the release date, the official air date for the second season is yet to be announced but the new season will likely arrive somewhere in 2022 or sometime in 2023.
Who’s In The Cast of ZeroZeroZero Season 2?
Except to see the central characters and some of the supporting characters return in the second season of ZeroZeroZero which including –
- Andrea Riseborough will return as Emma Lynwood
- Dane DeHaan in the role of Chris Lynwood
- Giuseppe De Domenico will play the character of Stefano La Piana
- Adriano Chiaramida will portray Don Damiano “Minu” La Piana
- Harold Torres will reprise his role as Manuel Quinteras
- Noé Hernández will play Varas
- Tchéky Karyo will portray François Salvage
- Francesco Colella will play Italo Curtiga
- Diego Cataño will play the role of Chino
- Norman Delgadillo will play Diego
- Nika Perrone in the role of Lucia
- Gabriel Byrne will play Edward Lynwood
- Claudia Pineda as Chiquitita, Diego’s wife
- Érick Israel Consuelo will return as Moko
- Jesús Lozano will play Gordo
- José Salof will play Indio
- Flavio Medina will play Jacinto Leyra
- Víctor Huggo Martin will play Enrique Leyra
- Seydina Baldé will portray Omar Gamby
- Nabiha Akkari will portray Amina
ZeroZeroZero Season 2 Plot: What To Expect?
When it comes to the plot of ZeroZeroZero season 2, Sollima explained that it’s going to be a “journe,” explaining, “We envisioned the series’ arc as a trip of this cargo from its point of departure in Mexico. To its point of arrival in Calabria, traveling through Senegal and Morocco,” he added. “The story revolves around cocaine trafficking and the money earned from it. As well as what criminal groups undertake to get control of it. Along with how this affects all parts of real-life with which it overlaps – some of which are politically radical and paradoxical.”
It’d be interesting to find out the challenges that the Lynwood family faces and how they tackle them in the next season.
Where To Watch ZeroZeroZero?
All eight episodes of the first season are available to watch on Amazon Prime Video. Likely, the second season will also be made available on the streaming service.