Developed by Carina Adly Mackenzie and created for The CW, ‘Roswell, New Mexico’ is an American sci-fi mystery drama TV series, called after the city of Roswell, New Mexico. The series first debuted as a midseason entry in the year 2018 to 2019 television season on 15th January 2019. Roswell, New Mexico is the second TV series adaptation of a book series titled ‘Roswell High’ penned by Melinda Metz.
The series has launched a total of four seasons so far. Let’s find out below whether or not The CW will bring back the series for a fifth-season run.
Roswell, New Mexico Season 5: Canceled or Renewed?
Sadly, there won’t be a fifth season of RosWell, New Mexico.
The CW made an official declaration on 12th May 2022 that the sci-fi series would come to an end after the fourth season, ensuring their verdict not to proceed to finance the project.
Roswell Season 5 Release Date
As mentioned previously, the series was canceled after the fourth season. Therefore, a fifth season won’t be happening in the future.
The first season premiered on January 15, 2022. The second season aired on March 16, 2020. The third season was released on July 26, 2021, and finally, the fourth and last season of the show was released on June 6, 2022.
The Cast of Roswell, New Mexico Season 5
- Michael Vlamis played Michael Guerin
- Jeanine Mason played Liz Ortecho
- Nathan Parsons portrayed Max Evans
- Lily Cowles portrayed Isobel Evans
- Tyler Blackburn acted as Alex Manes
- Michael Trevino played Kyle Valenti
- Heather Hemmens played Maria DeLuca
- Amber Midthunder played Rosa Ortecho
- Trevor St. John portrayed Jesse Manes
- Riley Voelkel portrayed Jenna Cameron
- Karan Oberoi portrayed Noah Bracken
- Carlos Compean played Arturo Ortecho
- Rosa Arredondo played Michelle Valenti
- Dylan McTee played Wyatt Long
- Steven Krueger acted as Heath
- Tanner Novlan acted as Gregory Manes
- Justina Adorno played Steph
- Kayla Ewell played Nora Truman
- David DeSantos played Eduardo Ramos
- Peter Diseth played Grant Green
- Kiowa Gordon played Flint Manes
- Christian Antidormi played Forrest
- Matthew Van Wettering played Hank
- Cassandra Jean Amell portrayed Louise
- La’Charles Trask portrayed Bert
- Nicholas Ballas played Sanders
Roswell, Mexico Season 5 Plot
There’s no plot for season 5 of Roswell, Mexico as it was canceled. But the fourth season gave the viewers a satisfying closure.
In an interview with CBR, showrunner Chris Hollier was asked about the cancellation of the show and how difficult a pill was to gulp down. He said, “It was a hard pill to swallow just because we had more story to tell, and I love working with those people, all the ones you see on screen and off. It’s a great bunch of people. Also, the network gave us a heads-up, so we were able to honor where we were going and make sure that the fans felt satisfied and our actors got some closure, as well.”
Hollier was also asked if he was happy with the ending of the fourth and last season, he explained, “I always want more, but if we had to stop here, I think this would be a really good place to stop. It was important to us. It was important to the network, as well. Us, as a team, figured out, “OK, it’s got to be this. How are we going to do it?”. But it was good to see that the problems were being addressed and the show wrapped up pretty neatly.
All four seasons of Roswell, Mexico are available to watch on Amazon Prime Video. Go stream now!
Leave a Reply