Conceived by David E. Kelley, “Big Sky” is an American thriller drama series inspired by The Highway series of books penned by C. J. Box. The first season was launched on ABC on November 17, 2020. Following the success of the first season, the series was greenlit for a second season in May 2021, which was released on September 30, 2021. In May 2022, Big Sky was commissioned for a third outing, subtitled “Deadly Trails,” which premiered on September 21, 2022, and is still ongoing.
The series is executive produced by C. J. Box, Gwyneth Horder-Payton, Paul McGuigan, Matthew Gross, Ross Fineman, David E. Kelley, and Elwood Reid, while serving as producers are Matthew Tinker, Cecil O’Connor, Christina Toy, and Zina Camblin.
Here’s what we know about season 4 of Big Sky.
Big Sky Season 4 Release Date: When is it?
Big Sky has not yet been renewed for a fourth season as the current season is still airing and hence, a release date for the new season is not available for now.
However, looking back at the timeline of renewal announcements and releases for both seasons one and two, it’s somewhat expected that the fourth season will be renewed in May 2023 and will be out in September 2023. But nothing can be too certain for now as an official announcement is yet to be made.
Big Sky season 4 has been canceled by ABC: Here’s why!
Fans of Big Sky, get ready for some very sad news. With the official closure of the show by ABC following three seasons, the series has officially come to an end.
Last year in May 2023, after season 3 of the series’ finale aired, ABC canceled the show. Prior to that, in January 2023, series star Katheryn Winnick posted a few pictures with co-star Jensen Ackles. “That’s a wrap on BIG SKY 3. Hope to see you all next year,” she wrote in the caption, implying that she was hoping for another season.
One thing is certain despite rumors of diminishing viewership and reordering priorities behind the network’s choice: the Big Sky cast and crew gave their all to the exciting adventure.
The official synopsis for Big Sky reads:
“Private detective Cassie Dewell partners with ex-cop Jenny Hoyt on a search for two sisters who have been kidnapped by a truck driver on a remote highway in Montana. When they discover that these are not the only girls who have disappeared in the area, they must race against the clock to stop the perpetrator before another woman is taken.”
Updated Star Cast of Big Sky Season 4
The main cast of Big Sky Season 4 include:
- Anirudh Pisharody as Luke
- Arturo Del Puerto as T-Lock
- Bernard White as Veer Bhullar
- Britt Robertson as Cheyenne Kleinsasser
- Brooke Smith as Merrilee Legarski
- Camille Sullivan as Joanie Sullivan
- Carlos Gómez as Gil Amaya
- Chad Willett as Robert Sullivan
- Constance Zimmer as Alicia
- Cree Cicchino as Emily Arlen
- David Meunier as Dietrich
- Gabriel Jacob-Cross as Kai Dewell
- Gage Marsh as Justin Hoyt
- Henry Ian Cusick as Avery
- Jeffrey Joseph as Joseph Dewell
- Jeremy Ray Taylor as Bridger
- Jinder Mahal as Dhruv
- Kyle Schmid as John Wayne “JW” Kleinsasser
- Lola Skye Reid as Madison
- Luke Mitchell as Cormac Barnes
- Madalyn Horcher as Paige
- Madelyn Kientz as Max
- Michael Malarkey as Deputy Harvey
- Michael Raymond-James as Blake Kleinsasser
- Michelle Forbes as Margaret Kleinsasser
- Michelle Veintimilla as Rosie Amaya
- Patrick Gallagher as Sheriff Walter Tubb
- Rachel Colwell as Angela
- Rex Linn as Buck Barnes
- Romy Rosemont as Agatha
- Rosanna Arquette as Virginia “Gigi” Cessna
- Ryan Dorsey as Rand Kleinsasser
- Ryan O’Nan as Donno, Ren’s enforcer
- Sebastian Roché as Sheriff Wagy
- Seth Gabel as Walter
- Sharon Taylor as Commander Elena Sosa
- T.V. Carpio as Rachel
- Troy Leigh-Anne Johnson as Harper
- Vinny Chhibber as Jag Bhullar
- Zoë Noelle Baker as Phoebe Leyendecker
Where To Watch Big Sky?
The series Big Sky’s first three seasons are still available to stream on a variety of platforms, even though the news of its discontinuation may still hurt! You can watch and stream the show on Hulu, Vudu and Roku devices. You may even take advantage of a free trial to binge-watch your way through the mysteries if you’re a new or qualified returning subscriber.
Is “Big Sky” worth watching?
The series Big Sky may not be the most entertaining show to watch, but the characters and plot do stir up some drama that you’d enjoy. Following private detectives who investigate a car wreck outside Montana, the show features a nail-biting mystery, lurching from wacky to tacky. Overall, it’s a good show to watch—give it a try!
Big Sky Season 4 Storyline Expectations
Plot details for season 4 of Big Sky are scarce as of this writing and as we have mentioned earlier, season three is still airing therefore, it’s difficult to predict what will possibly happen in the next season but for sure, the story will most definitely continue from where it was left off.