Conceived by A. C. Bradley What If…? is an American animated action-adventure anthology series developed for Disney+, heavily inspired on the Marvel Comics series of the exact title. What If…? is the 4th TV series in the MCU being produced by Marvel Studios, and its initial animated program from Marvel Studios Animation. The series probes different timelines in the multiverse that indicate what would occur if central junctures from the MCU movies transpired differently. Bradley takes over the writing duties as the head writer of the first two seasons with Bryan Andrews on the directing duties.
What If…? Season 2 Premiere Date
Currently, there’s been no official announcement concerning the release date for the much anticipated second season of What If…?. Previously, the air date was scheduled for early 2023 but now changed it to just “coming soon”. Season two was confirmed ahead of the first season but the premiere date has been shoved back by the streaming service Disney+.
However, fans are at least glad to know that a second season is in development despite the fact that no release date for the upcoming season has been published so far.
Mark Winderbaum, producer at Marvel Studios, explained to Collider on the progress of the second season.
“As you know with animation, it takes a long time to produce. We were fortunate enough to get the green light on a second season early enough to have a chance to release it next year.”
He continued, “We’ll see what happens. Obviously, I don’t want to predict the future with this new world we live in, but our intention is to make it an annual release.”
So we’re guessing a late 2023 release or sometime in 2024.
The Cast of What If…? Season 2
- Jeffrey Wright in the voice of Uatu/The Watcher
- Hayley Atwell voices Peggy Carter/Captain Carter /
- Josh Keaton will voice Steve Rogers/HYDRA Stomper/Captain America
- Lake Bell will voice of Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow
- Sebastian Stan as the voice of Bucky Barnes
- Rachel Weisz in the voice of Melina Vostokoff
- Elizabeth Olsen will voice Wanda Maximoff/Scarlet Witch
- Cynthia McWilliams voices Gamora
- Mick Wingert as the voice of Tony Stark/Iron Man
- Jeff Goldblum in the voice of En Dwi Gast/Grandmaster
- Taika Waititi voices Korg
- Mark Ruffalo in the voice of Bruce Banner/Hulk
- Benedict Cumberbatch voices Stephen Strange/Doctor Strange
- Josh Brolin as the voice of Thanos
- Kurt Russell will voice Ego
- Michael Rooker in the voice of Yondu Udonta
- Chris Hemsworth voices Thor
- Jeremy Renner in the voice of Clint Barton/Hawkeye
- Evangeline Lilly as the voice of Hope van Dyne/Wasp
- Michael Douglas will be voice Hank Pym/Ant-Man
- Cate Blanchett as the voice of Hela
- Laurence Fishburne voices Bill Foster/Goliath
What If…? Season 2 Plot: What to Expect?
Speaking to Bradley, he explained to Entertainment Weekly that the second season is “going to be all-new stories, lots of fun, new heroes, and pulling more from Phase Four than we were obviously able to this season.”
He added, “Hopefully, we’ll see hints of Eternals and Shang-Chi and the Black Widow characters. The fun of What If…? is that we get to explore the entire infinite multiverse, so we try and bounce around as much as we can.”