What If…?, Marvel Studios’ first foray into animation, has been a joy to watch in its debut season. The show features Uatu, The Watcher (voiced by Jeffrey Wright), who explores hypothetical/alternative realities in which scenes from the Marvel Cinematic Universe films we know and love (and have undoubtedly rewatched about a hundred times) are somewhat different. Although some of these distinctions cause greater ripples in the timeline than others, they all result in 30 minutes of fascinating superhero television.
The stakes in What If… were unknown for a long time. However, things started to fall into place after the majority of the show’s first seven episodes aired—each one a standalone narrative or cautionary tale in its own right—when a universe-threatening for surfaced. In this case, it was Ultron. Following his promise to wipe out existence as we know it in the penultimate episode, The Watcher chose to break his oath and intervene in the finale, drawing all of our heroes together to form a brand-new team. It tied things together in unexpected ways, and it went a long way toward making the first season, as well as What If… in general, feel more cohesive.
Here is the list of episodes for the first season of What If…?-
- Episode 1: What If… Captain Carter Were the First Avenger?
- Episode 2: What If… T’Challa Became a Star-Lord?
- Episode 3: What If… the World Lost Its Mightiest Heroes?
- Episode 4: What If… Doctor Strange Lost His Heart Instead of His Hands?
- Episode 5: What If… Zombies?!
- Episode 6: What If… Killmonger Rescued Tony Stark?
- Episode 7: What If… Thor Were an Only Child?
- Episode 8: What If… Ultron Won?
- Episode 9: What If… the Watcher Broke His Oath?”
The ending of the first season of What If… could have ramifications for the second season, which is already in the works. Despite the fact that we know some strands will be maintained, the show’s primary purpose will stay the same: to make us think. And we’ve been wondering a lot lately, not just about the rest of Season 1, but also about season 2 of What If…? might bring.
Release date of What If…? Season 2: When is it?
There has been no official announcement on whether or not a second season would be produced. However, given the success of Season 1, we may expect Netflix to renew the show at any time. If it works, you’ll be in for a lot of pleasant surprises in the second season.
It’s entirely up to Netflix to decide which shows to renew. Netflix has no idea what method was used or how many people watched it. But, given how well the first season of What/If did, there’s still reason to be optimistic.
Plot of What If…? Season 2: What to expect?
We have no notion what season 2 will bring. We do know that it will be a very different storey. The showrunner, Mike Kelley, claims that future seasons will follow a plot in which nothing from the first season occurs. As a result, his dreams for a new kind of narrative keep us guessing about what’s going on.
Kelley intends for the series to be an anthology in which morality is explored at every stage.
Season 2 may or may not be made, but if it is, we may expect even more profound and significant questions, as well as new characters. The series is about deciding your fate and having doubts or questions about your beliefs.
As a result, we can expect the show’s intensity to increase, forcing the characters and viewers to think deeply about their own values.
The Cast Of What If…? Season 2: Who’s in it?
Dr. Kelley says that if he’s going to create a fresh story, he doesn’t want to change the cast too much. He’s considering doing an American Horror Story with the same players in new roles for the following season.
- Renee Zellweger as Anne Montgomery
- Jane Levy will as Lisa
- Blake Jenner as Sean
- Jeffrey Wright as Uatu(The Watcher)
- Hayley Atwell as Peggy Carter(Caption Carter)
- Cynthia McWilliams as Gamora
- Mick Wingert as Tony Stark(Iron Man)
- Jeff Goldblum as En Dwi Gast(Grandmaster)
- Keith Powers will as Todd Archer
- Samantha Marie Ware as Angela Archer
- Juan Castano acted as Marcos Ruiz
- Dave Annable acted as Dr.Ian Evans
- Saamer Usmani acted as Avery Watkins
- Daniella Pineda acted as Cassidy Barrett
- John Clarence Stewart as Lionel
- Louis Herthum Stewart as Foster
What If…? Season 2 Trailer: Is it out?
No, not yet! Marvel Studios is notorious for keeping its cards close to its chest until the final stretch. However, production on What If…? season 2 is well underway, and all of the episodes and screenplays have been finalised. We might see a clip soon, but who knows – Marvel Zombies was just announced, so anything might happen.