Conceived by Julian Fellowes along with Tony Charles and Oliver Cotton, “The English Game” is a British historical drama TV ministry that was launched on Netflix on March 20, 2020, consisting of six episodes with each episode running for 43-55 minutes. The series is written by Ben Vanstone, Gabbie Asher, Sam Hoare, Geoff Bussetil with Fellowes, Charles, and Cotton.
Football is deemed one of the greatest and most popular sports celebrated by both young and old from across the globe. The English Game is one such miniseries that carefully depicts the origins of the modern federation in England.
To know more about season 2 of The English Game, find it out below:
What is it about?
The story centers around two legendary footballers namely Arthur Kinnaird and Fergus Suter through a documentary. The viewers were not only captivated by the plotline but also by how the story was being portrayed by the professional football players. From being just a member to building their squad in England.
It illustrated how the game had an influence on the players and how it came to be a worldwide sport. Needless to say, it’s not easy to put everything and showcase the entire story in only six episodes although the duo’s tale was fascinating and perfectly interpreted in the show. The script which was based on their true events was realistic and attracted many young potential athletes.
Is The English Game renewed for a season 2?
Because the sixth episode series was labeled as miniseries, not much is known about whether a second season will happen or not, and since Netflix hasn’t announced anything about a second season, it’s most likely that the series is not returning with a season 2.
Not to mention it’s over two years since The English Game debuted and till now, it hasn’t been renewed which simply indicates that the series has ended and not coming back with another run.
When is season 2 of The English Game premiering?
As mentioned before, the show has not been renewed yet for season 2 and hence, an air date is not available so far. The English Game was created for Netflix as a miniseries and it’s unlikely that the series will return with a second installment.
On the off chance, if the series gets renewed, we can expect the new episodes to be out sometime in 2023.
The English Game Season 2 Cast
The series has not been officially confirmed by the show makers. But, if season 2 happens, it’s expected that most of the cast members who appeared in the first season will return including–
- Edward Holcroft (as Arthur Kinnaird)
- Kevin Guthrie (as Fergus Suter)
- Kerrie Hayes (as Doris Platt)
- Jonnie Elmore (as Ted Stokes)
- Mary Higgins (as Ada Hornby)
- Sam Keeley (as Smalley)
- Craig Parkinson (as James Walsh)
- James Harkness (as Jimmy Love)
- Ben Batt (as John Cartwright)
- Gerard Kearns (as Tommy Marshall)
- Henry Lloyd-Hughes (as Alfred Lyttelton)
- Harry Michell (as Monkey Hornby)
- Philip Hill-Pearson (as Tom Hindle)
- Charlotte Hope (as Margaret Alma Kinnaird)
- Niamh Walsh (as Martha Almond)
Other casts may also include–
- Kelly Price (as Lydia Cartwright)
- Sammy Hayman (as Davy Burns)
- Daniel Ings (as Francis Marindin)
- Anthony Andrews (as Lord Kinnaird)
- Sylvestra Le Touzel (as Lady Kinnaird)
- Kate Phillips (as Laura Lyttelton)
You can watch the sixth episode series of The English Game on Netflix.