Conceived by Etan Frankel, “Joe vs. Carole” is an American drama TV series adapted from a true crime podcast called “Joe Exotic: Tiger King” by Robert Moor and Matthew Shaer starring John Cameron Mitchell, Kate McKinnon, Kyle MacLachlan, Dean Winters, Brian Van Holt, William Fichtner, Nat Wolff, Sam Keeley, Lex Mayson, Joel Marsh Garland, Marlo Kelly, Kenneth Radley, and Aliandra Calabrese. The series premiered on Peacock on March 3, 2022.
Shortly after its debut, ‘‘Joe vs. Carole’’ season one obtained unfavorable and mixed critiques. While the performances of the actors and the program’s empathetic portrayal of the characters were applauded, the broad description was berated, with quite a handful of critics even questioning why the series ‘‘Joe vs. Carole’’ had to exist in the first place. Season one has recently become available to watch. So if you are anxious about whether or not there will be a 2nd season, read the article till the end.
Joe vs. Carole Season 2: Renewed or Canceled?
‘‘Joe vs. Carole’’ was initially created as a limited series. Series creator Etan Frankel in a recent interview revealed that he found both the characters of Joel and Carole to be incredibly fascinating and adored how John Cameron Mitchell and Kate McKinnon fitted so well into their respective roles.
Talking about the show in an interview, Frankel explained, “It’s a fun and rich journey into the story of people who live very extreme lives.” He further added, “When I took on this project a year and a half ago. I found Joe Exotic and Carole Baskin to be utterly fascinating, and this crazy tale about two big cat lovers quickly became an important story for me to tell.”
So as of now, it’s not confirmed if there’ll be another series of “Joe vs. Carole” but an announcement is expected in the coming days.
When is Season 2 of Joe vs. Carole Releasing?
The official air date of “Joe vs. Carole” season 2 has yet to be announced. Although it looks like it will shortly be disclosed after the renewal of the 2nd season of “Joe vs. Carole.”
The first season was launched on March 3, 2022, on Peacock. It consists of eight episodes in total with a runtime of 46 to 56 minutes each. Season 2 is also expected to have the same number of episodes.
As for the release date, we predict that the show will land on our TV screens sometime in 2023. The new season may also arrive on Peacock just like the first season.
The Cast of Joe vs. Carole Season 2
The official cast line is not confirmed at the moment since the show is yet to be renewed. However, the characters who appeared in season 1 are likely anticipated to return in season 2 as well including:
- John Cameron Mitchell in the role of Joe Exotic
- Kate McKinnon will be seen as Carole Baskin
- Kyle MacLachlan will play the character of Howard Baskin
- Will McNeill will depict Tyler
- David Wenham will be back as Don Lewis
- Jenna Owen will return as Amber
- Nat Wolff will act as Travis Maldonado
- Sam Keeley plays the role of John Finlay
- Dean Winters will be seen playing as Jeff Lowe
- Brian Van Holt will portray the role of John Reinke
- William Fichtner will reprise as Rick Kirkham
- Aliandra Calabrese will play Lauren Lowe
- Kenneth Radley plays Allen Glover
- Jack Scott portrays Joshua Dial
- Lex Mayson in the role of Kelci “Saff” Saffery
- Joel Marsh Garland depicts James Garretson
- Marlo Kelly plays Jamie Murdock
- Nic English will play Brian Rhyne
- Benedict Hardie illustrates Agent Thomas
- Shareena Clanton will play Susan
- Alexandra Jensen portrays Chealsi
- Anthony Sharpe plays Erik Cowie
Joe vs. Carole Season 2 Storyline: What Can it be About?
The narrative mainly centers on the main characters, Joe and Carole. With one of them in prison, the potential season 2 will presumably not have a lot to explore. However, the next storyline could shift to Carole as she goes after several other private zoo owners. The story may not sound very interesting or as exciting compared to the first season. Because of this sole reason, the chances of getting a second season are bleak.
You can now watch season 1 of Joe vs. Carole on Peacock.