iOS 15 Release Date, Leaked Features and Supported Devices
A piece of good news is making rounds in the digital space for iPhone users. With the iOS 14.5 stable version still expected, leaks and rumors indicate that iOS 15 is all set to launch. Several reports claim that the new operating system will possess salient features like dual biometric security, designated control center, and more. We have put together a list of iOS 15 features that you might not like to miss out on:
At present, iPhones have an inbuilt face ID for security purposes. However, with the upcoming operating software, users will enjoy additional biometric authentication of touch ID as well. This will further ensure enhanced security for the devices.
- iOS 15 will have an element of similarity to macOS Big Sur in terms of Control Centre. Users will have the flexibility to drag-and-drop apps to the Control Centre as per their individual choices.
- Besides, users will have the privilege to select more default apps in comparison to earlier times. You may select the default SMS as well as email apps with iOS 15.
- With the above points, the software will support an enhanced version of Siri which will enable the users to get more precise and customized answers.
- New privacy features will roll out with the latest operating system, which will aid users in establishing a reliability factor with the apps.
- It is also said that Apple Maps will help us navigate better with an advanced version of existing features of cycling directions and guide making an appearance.
Now comes the big question, ‘when can we expect this big announcement from the technology giant?’
Generally, Apple schedules its product launches to the September-mid. The preceding year, the iPhone 12 hit the market in October, yet iOS 14 was stuck to its September slot. Reports suggest that the official revelation will be held at Apple’s Worldwide Virtual Developers meet. We would like to add the meet shall commence from June 7 and continue till the 11th of the month. If you want to explore the ios 15 with bugs, it will be made available by July’s last week following a developer beta that is aimed at its testing. However, stable builds cannot be expected before September. Thus, the wait does not seem endless.
Here is a list of devices that will be compatible with iOS 15:
Nothing has been confirmed so far, but if we go by the leaks and rumors, the latest version will support iPhone 7 and other versions launched after it. Thus, it can be concluded that the older models like iPhone 6s plus, iPhone 6s, and iPhone SE will be left out. Find below the versions for which iOS 15 will be available:
iPhone 12 Pro Max, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone X, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 plus, and iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone X, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus and iPod touch and forthcoming Iphone 13. It is safe to assume that the users of iPhone 13 will come with an inbuilt iOS 15.
Without any solid information, it is challenging to say much about the new version. Hoping that we learn more about iOS 15 in the coming weeks and update our knowledge accordingly.