In recent years, slots have become an indispensable part of online casinos, as their number is measured in thousands of offers. The multiplicity of themes, plots, bonus options and design features enables everyone to discover something distinctive and one-of-a-kind. Additionally, online slots provided an excellent alternative to land-based slot machines which required physical presence in a gambling establishment and additional waste of time.
In today’s conditions, this is a completely unnecessary thing, because the comfort and flexibility of online gambling is something that cannot be denied. At the same time, when you want to play an online slot, you may wonder about the way of playing, functions, and which particular title you should prefer. If you are in the grip of doubts and hesitation, our analysis will certainly benefit you.
What Exactly Is a Slot?
The definition of the term “slot” is based on the concept of a game on several reels. In other words, after pressing the start button, the reels start moving in a completely random order. The player has to determine the size of the bet and the combination of numbers or symbols that the player thinks will work. After the bet is placed, the gambler can see firsthand whether his or her bet has actually hit. If it does, the user experiences an excellent payout, whereas if it fails, the money goes to the gambling establishment.
In order to gain a clear idea of how the slot functions, you must thoroughly study all components. The list includes:
- The symbol represents the image on the reel, which is rotated in a vertical direction. According to the theme of the slot, the symbols can be rather diverse. It can actually be everything you can imagine: various heroes, animals, flowers and other kinds of stuff. Primary purpose of the player is to have identical icons arranged in a single, typically horizontal line.
- Reel is a set of icons that rotate vertically all together. As a rule, slots have several reels at once, the number of which varies from three to several dozen. Their rotation takes place simultaneously.
- Payline – most commonly referred to as a horizontal line along which the appropriate symbols must be placed for the player to be in the winnings. Depending on the type, the lines can be straight, interrupted or clustered. In the majority of cases, they are counted from left to right, but there are exceptions when both directions are valid. Such information is specified in the conditions and rules of use of the particular slot.
- Payout table is a summary of potential winnings in the slot, including details regarding the game and its bonus facilities. It illustrates to the player the conditions of winnings, which are provided by all possible combinations. Another thing you may find out here is whether the game offers a jackpot or a winnings multiplier.
- Buttons are the tools used to control the game on the machine. For instance, the “Start” or “Spin” button launches the movement of the reels. The “Bet”, “Minimum Bet” and “Maximum Bet” buttons determine the amount the player sets for one spin of the reels. Another button is Autorotation, which enables the player to spin the reels at a predetermined rate without any input from the player.
Striving to create a truly exceptional gaming experience with slots, developers frequently implement special symbols that can be modified from game to game. Nevertheless, having analyzed most of the current positions, we can conclude that additional symbols are most often presented in three types:
- The Wild symbol is an extra symbol appearing to interchange other symbols on the reel in order to facilitate the player’s chances of winning. In fact, there are several variations of Wilds:
- Wide Wild – an icon that obscures an entire reel and transforms it into a whole Wild;
- A Moving Wild sweeps across the reels from one edge of the game to the other as long as it remains inside the reels;
- Fixed Wild – a symbol that throughout multiple spins of the reels is left in its place.
- Scatter initiates a bonus round or game when three of these symbols appear on the reels at once. The value and benefit of such a symbol is determined in the paytable of the particular game, where you can find out which bonus round will be triggered and what the benefits are as a result.
- Giant Symbol captures several rows and reels and considerably streamlines the winnings. The turning of this symbol occurs separately and independently from the rest and, as a rule, it brings the most advantageous conditions for the game. The specific characteristics are stated in the terms and conditions of the slot.
Special Slot Functions
Quite frequently, collecting certain combinations and using additional symbols activates some special features of the slot. Players appreciate them most of all due to the fact that they do not occur so often and give superior winning chances. Let us examine the 4 most widespread types of such opportunities:
- Respin is the re-rolling of several reels. This function enables the player to spin the reels previously unplayed in order to achieve a desirable winning pattern;
- Freespin – a literally free attempt to spin all the reels, generally occurs in a bonus game. In case the freespin is successful, the player receives a reward. Otherwise, nothing is lost;
- A risk game is a kind of bonus game that involves figuring out a hidden card or something else. With some of these venture games, it is possible to double your winnings ot to get some free spins;
- Multiplier increases the player’s winnings x2, x3, x4 and so on. Its terms and conditions can always be found in a payout table of a concrete slot game.
An Example of an Excellent Slot – Wolf Gold
If you feel a little disoriented in the enormous array of slots on offer, bear in mind that there is a way out of this situation. First of all, you need to realize that to start with, you need to pick an uncomplicated slot with a pleasurable and relaxing atmosphere and lucrative conditions.
All the conditions of this description are fully compiled by the Wolf Gold slot. Most crucially, it is a proven choice that has been operating in the gambling market since 2017 and was developed by a reliable and trusted provider Pragmatic Play. You can read a thorough review of Wolf Gold on the site:
As for the design, the overall picture will not be too eye-catching and cause fatigue – the colors of the slot are bright, but the theme of the night desert and wolves slightly mutes this saturation and allows you to maintain a balance.
- 5 Reels and 3 rows.
- 25 active lines, which enhance the possibilities of making winning combinations.
- To obtain a payout it is only necessary to catch 3 or more symbols in one of the lines.
- The minimum bet is 0.25 euros, and the maximum is 125 euros.
- Return to the player reaches 96.01%.
As an additional advantage, the slot features three jackpot varieties and a wide range of bonus symbols and rounds. Thus, your start in the field of slots with Wolf Gold will be easy, relaxed, and with a high probability – profitable.
Among all gambling opportunities, slots confidently occupy their niche, and online varieties are even more appreciated for convenience and ease of gameplay. There is no point in arguing about the choice of specific positions, as it is a matter of everyone’s taste and preferences. However, one cannot deny the fact that to begin with, you need to choose a slot that doesn’t require much time and effort to familiarize with. One of these is the Wolf Gold slot – its characteristics are advantageous, and the gameplay is not complicated by unnecessary things. If you have a desire to play Wolf Gold and experience the benefits, go to the website
The desire to win and feel those unforgettable emotions of excitement in slots can accomplish many things. The first step – getting to know the basic concepts and characteristics – has already been done, then it’s a matter of practice and luck.
Leave a Reply