Are you a fan of Disney’s released franchise High School Musical? Don’t fret, we have some surprises for you!
High School Musical: The Musical: The Series, also known as HSMTMTS, is an American documentary musical drama TV show that premiered on November 8, 2019. Inspired by the High School Musical film series, HSMTMTS is produced by Chorus Boy and Salty Pictures in alliance with Disney +, Oliver Goldstick as a show creator for the first four episodes.
Later, Tim Federle acquired the position of showrunner for the remaining show to date. A total of 10 episodes were seen on the very first edition of HSMTMTS. Keeping the popularity of the show in mind, Disney + released the second instalment of the series on May 14, 2014, which again turned out to be a super hit (season 2 comprises a total of 12 episodes).
The show got a lot of positive appreciation from all sides, be it from the audience or the critics. If we talk about its viewership, the show proved to be a huge hit and managed to get 2.8 million views in total. The rating aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes recorded a 75% approval rating for the first season whereas on IMDb this show has managed to secure total ratings of 7.9 out of 10. Moreover, in 2020 High School Musical: The Musical: The Series has won the GLAAD Media Award for the best Outstanding Kids & Family Programming.
High School Musical: The Musical: The Series Season 3: Release Date
As of now, Disney has not yet made any official announcement regarding the release of the show. As we saw in the ending of season 2, the creators have a lot of plot strings hanging, with no suspicion with the intent of taking HSMTMTS back. However, on November 12, 2020, Disney has officially confirmed the renewal of season 3. They tweeted “We already have chills #HSMTMTS season 3 is coming in 2022.” During an interview with TIME profile, Olivia Rodrigo confirmed that the shooting will start from January 2022. The season will probably release the episodes on Disney + every week.
High School Musical: The Musical: The Series Season 3: Cast
In the upcoming instalment of High School Musical: The Musical: The Series Season 3, keeping the finale episode of season 2 in mind we can expect the reappearance of several previous season’s characters. However, to date, no official announcement has been made regarding the cast but the renewal of the show has been announced.
Here are the cast that would certainly appear in the forthcoming season:-
- The lead character, Olivia Rodrigo would be seen as Nini Salazar-Roberts. She acts as a high school musician in the story.
- Joshua Bassett would be seen as Ricky Bowen, a guitarist and skateboarder (Nini’s ex).
- Matt Cornett will be performing E. J. Caswell’s role, a jock theatre lover with whom Nini previously met at theatre camp.
- Sofia Wylie would be seen in Gina Porter’s character, a transfer pupil with theatre hunger.
- Larry Saperstein would appear as Big Red, Ricky’s best friend.
- Julia Lester would probably be seen as Ashlyn Caswell, E. J. ‘s cousin and an aspiring songwriter.
- Kate Reinders would again be cast in Miss Jenn’s role, East High’s new drama teacher.
- Alexis Nelis would be seen performing Natalie Bagley’s role in the story, the stage manager for the production of the play.
However, there are chances of the arrival of many new faces as well. As soon as Disney announces anything regarding the story, we’ll keep you posted. Till then stay in touch with us!
High School Musical: The Musical: The Series Season 3: Plot
As we saw at the end of last season’s finale, East High is in the process of pulling out of the Alan Menken Awards for High School Musical Theatre. For the latest edition, we can anticipate that season 3 will probably start from where season 2 ended. If the makers want to give a different perspective to the show, they can also make some changes in the plot. Unless there is an official announcement, nothing can be confirmed about the plot of the show.