Conceived by Carlos Quintanilla Sakar, Adriana Pelusi, and Miguel García Moreno and developed by Lemon Studios for Netflix, ‘Control Z’ is a popular Mexican teen drama TV series that was launched with its first season on Netflix on May 22, 2020. The series stars Michael Ronda, Ana Valeria Becerril, Yankel Stevan and Zión Moreno amongst many others. Briefly, after its debut, the program was greenlit for a second season run on May 29, 2020, which was released on August 4, 2021, and in that same month itself, the program was greenlit for a third installment which was launched on July 6, 2022.
The series has produced a total of three seasons consisting of an overall 24 episodes with a runtime of 35 to 44 minutes each. The series is executively produced by Billy Rovzar, Fernando Rovzar, Alejandro Lozano, and Erica Sánchez Su.
If you’re here to find out more about season 4 of Control Z then continue reading till the end of the article.
Will Control Z Return with Season 4?
Unfortunately, Control Z will not be returning for a fourth season run. The third season which was recently launched was officially verified as the final outing of the show. So the story of Sofia and her squad has come to an end for good. This piece of news came as a big disappointment to viewers who love watching this show especially from Latin American nations where the program has been a massive hit.
Why was Control Z Cancelled?
Control Z officially came to a close on July 6, 2022. As of July 2022, there’s been no official update or announcement concerning a fourth season. The series wasn’t canceled but the story came to a natural end with its third season. So the reason why a fourth season won’t happen is that the chapter has ended. At the end of the third season, all the main characters received their graduation and the identity of the hacker was also revealed. So yes, the story has wrapped up so there is no reason to continue the story in the fourth season.
The Cast List of Control Z
- Ana Valeria Becerril played Sofía Herrera
- Michael Ronda acted as Javier Williams
- Yankel Stevan portrayed Raúl León
- Zión Moreno played Isabela de la Fuente
- Luis Curiel played Luis Navarro
- Samantha Acuña played Alejandra “Alex” Salomone
- Macarena García Romero portrayed Natalia Alexander
- Fiona Palomo played María Alexander
- Andrés Baida portrayed Pablo García
- Patricio Gallardo played Gerardo “Gerry” Granda
- Iván Aragón played Darío
- Xabiani Ponce de León played Ernesto
- Patricia Maqueo played Rosa “Rosita” Restrepo
- Rodrigo Cachero played Miguel Quintanilla
- Rocío Verdejo played Nora
- Mauro Sánchez played Navarro Bruno
- Lidia San José played Gabriela
- Thanya López played Susana
- Renata del Castillo played Lulú
- Arturo Barba played Rogelio Herrera/Fernando
- Kariam Castro played Valeria
- Ariana Saavedra played the role of Regina
- Ana Sofía Gatica played the character of Claudia
- Cristian Santin portrayed the role of Antonio Segovia “El Güero”
- Sandra Burgos portrayed the character of Marta
- Pierre Louis played Felipe “Pipe”
What took place at the end of Control Z Season 4?
If you haven’t watched the season yet, we are not going to spoil what happened at the end of season 3. Nevertheless, if you’re wondering whether it might have concluded on another cliffhanger, you can rest easy. There are certainly a lot of twists and turns in the last few episodes of season 3, but the good news is the story ends on a satisfying note.
Therefore, a fourth season wouldn’t be necessary because the chapter is already closed in the season 3 finale.