While there is a lot of great TV out there these days, there is one show in particular that provides the ideal balance of comedy and drama: the FX series Better Things. The plot revolves around Sam Fox (show creator Pamela Adlon), an actress and single mother who is striving to advance her career while raising her daughters.
The premise is quite relevant, providing a genuine, uncensored look at the difficulties that come with being a single parent. The sitcom has already had four fantastic seasons, which begs the question, will there be a Better Things Season 5?
The good news is that FX announced in July 2020 that the show had been renewed for another season.
So, whether you’re already a fan — or become one after binge-watching the first four seasons — you can be confident that additional episodes will be released. The only remaining question is… when?
Scroll down to find out when season 5 of Better Things will launch, as well as your favourite cast members and where you can watch it.
Release date of Better Things Season 5
Better Things, the award-winning and critically acclaimed dramedy, has already been confirmed for a fifth and final season, which will air on February 28, 2022. You may be wondering, is this the final season? That is, indeed, the sad news.
The first two episodes of the series are included in the release, with the remaining episodes being released one at a time after that.
The show will be cancelled after the fifth season. It ‘s time to feel fantastic once more. The upcoming season of Better Things will be available to stream on Hulu.
Cast of Better Things Season 5: Who’ll return?
As of now, it’s not known who the exact cast lineup is but it’s likely that the cast members who appeared in the last season will return in the upcoming fifth season which includes–
- Hannah Alligood will play Frankie Fox
- Celia Imrie will portray Phyllis-Phil-Darby
- Pamela Adlon will portray Sam Fox
- Mikey Madison will play Max Fox
- Olivia Edward may reprise his role as Duke Fox
- Diedrich Bader will play Rich
- Greg Cromer will play Jeff
- Alysia Reiner will play Sunny
- Mather Zickel will play Sam’s ex-boyfriend
- Rebecca Metz will portray Tressa
- Lucy Davis will portray Macy
- Matthew Glave will play Xander Hall
- Alex Desert will play Donte
- Patricia Scanlon will play Joy
- Henry Thomas will play Robin
- Cree Summer will play Lenny
- Judy Reyes will play Lala
- Matthew Broderick will play Dr. David Miller
- Janina Gavankar will play Nikki
- Marsha Thomason will play Mer Kodis
- Kevin Pollak will play Marion
- Kris Marshall will play Tibor
- Doug Jones will play himself
- Harrison Page may reprise his role Walter
- Adam Kulbersh will portray Murray Fox
- Julie Bowen will play Herself
- Bradley Whitford will portray Gary
- Judy Gold will play Chaya
Plot of Better things Season 5: Expectations
Sam and her ex-husband Xander close a chapter in their troubled relationship at the end of Better Things season 4. Xander expected Sam to pay him alimony for that month, but instead she writes him a check for the entire amount she owes him, taking out a loan to do so. Sam is only forward to moving on with her life and try and forgive her ex for the sake of her mental health. Better Things season 5 will most likely delve deeper into their interaction, as Sam made one final sharp stab at Xander before the season concluded.