Acapulco is a recently launched English and Spanish language comedy TV series directed by Richard Shepard and created by Austin Winsberg along with Eduardo Cisneros, and Jason Shulan based on the 2017 film “How to Be a Latin Lover.” It features Eugenio Derbez, Enrique Arrizon, Damián Alcázar, Camila Perez, Raphael Alejandro. The series was released on Apple TV+ on October 8, 2021.
When the series debuted, many people applauded the performances of its talented cast members and witty humor.
The comedy series has a 100% score on Rotten Tomatoes voted by 15 critics and received mainly positive reviews, with a decent rating of 7.4 out of 10.
Following the success of the first season, the showrunners decided to renew the series for another season run in March 2022, and since then fans are looking forward to the new season of Acapulco.
Acapulco Season 2 Release Date: When Is It Premiering?
The first season was released on October 8, 2021, and ended on December 3, 2021, while the renewal announcement for a second installment was dropped in March 2022.
At this point, it’s difficult to predict especially when there’s a lack of information. However, if filming were to begin soon viewers can expect the second season of Acapulco by the end of 2022 or sometime in 2023.
How Many Episodes Will Season 2 of Acapulco Have?
The first season comprises ten episodes. The second season will likely have the same number of episodes or maybe more. Here’s the list of episodes for the previous season:
- Episode 1: “Pilot”
- Episode 2: “Jessie’s Girl”
- Episode 3: “Invisible Touch”
- Episode 4: “Crazy Little Thing Called Love”
- Episode 5: “All Night Long”
- Episode 6: “Uptown Girl”
- Episode 7: “For Your Eyes Only”
- Episode 8: “Time After Time”
- Episode 9: “The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year”
- Episode 10: “You Should Hear How She Talks About You”
The Cast of Acapulco Season 2: Who Will Return?
It’s expected that almost all the characters who appeared in the first season are likely to return in the second season as well including–
- Eugenio Derbez plays Maximo Gallardo Ramos
- Fernando Carsa plays Gullermo – Memo
- Damian Alcazar in the role of Don Pablo Bonilla
- Camila Perez portrays Julia Gonzales
- Chord Overstreet will play Chad Davies
- Vanessa Bauche in the role of Nora Gallardo Ramos
- Regina Reynoso will play Sara Gallardo Ramos
- Raphael Alejandro will play Hugo
- Jessica Collins will portray Diane Davies
- Rafael Cebrian will play Hector Valero
- Carlos Corona in the role of Esteban
- Regina Orozco plays Lupe
- Lobo Elias plays Beto
- Julian Sedgwick in the role of Rolf
- Rodrigo Urquidi in the character of Augusto
- Rossana de Leon plays Adriana
- Ricardo Canamar portrays Javier
- Sofia Ruiz in the role of Monica
- Erick Zavala will be seen playing Emilio
- Marco Terán will play Eduardo
- Jessica Balsaneli will portray Sestina
- Eliana Jones plays Becca Rosenthal
- Samantha Orozco play Gabriela
Acapulco Season 2 Plot: Expectations?
Nothing is revealed when it comes to the plot of season 2 but we can expect the story to continue from where it left off in the first season.
Where Can I Watch Season 2 of Acapulco?
Season 2 of Acapulco may possibly be launched on Applye TV+.