Sadly, the series has officially ended after the third season. Hence, a fourth season will not be renewed.
Heavily inspired by the All Souls Trilogy by Deborah Harkness, called after the initial book in the trilogy, A Discovery of Witches is a British fantasy romance drama TV series, premiered on Sky One on September 14, 2018. The series stars Teresa Palmer, Matthew Goode, Edward Bluemel, Louise Brealey, Malin Buska, Aiysha Hart, and Owen Teale.
A Discovery of Witches has so far launched a total of three seasons with the third season being the final outing of the show.
A Discovery of Witches Season 4 Will Not Happen
The series has wrapped. As officially announced, season three of A Discovery of Witches was the final outing of the show. The first season was launched on September 14, 2018. The second season aired on January 8, 2021. The third and final season premiered on January 7, 2022.
Here’s what some of the cast members had to say on the show’s conclusion:
Speaking to Collider, Teresa Palmer said, “When they said it was a wrap, everyone was clapping and hugging because it was the end for the majority of our crew. Then, we had a small little breakout crew for one extra day, the following week, with just Matthew [Goode] and I, and a couple of the other characters. That was our main wrap because we said goodbye to crew members we had been with for three years, and everyone had a drink, a hug, and took photos”.
On February 10, 2021, the actress also shared a lengthy emotional Instagram post along with a couple of pictures on her official handle. You can check the post below:
Matthew Goode also conveyed his thoughts on the conclusion of A Discovery of Witches. Recollecting the experiences on the show, the actor said, “I think we will look back on it very fondly in years to come. We’ve met a lot of great and amazing people, it’s been lovely to work so closely with Teresa, it’s been a real dream”.
Who Are The Cast Members of A Discovery of Witches?
Here are the complete list of main characters who appeared in the Sky One’s fantasy series A Discovery of Witches–
- Teresa Palmer as Diana Bishop
- Matthew Goode as Matthew Clairmont
- Edward Bluemel as Marcus Whitmore
- Louise Brealey as Gillian Chamberlain
- Malin Buska as Satu Järvinen
- Aiysha Hart as Miriam Shephard
- Owen Teale as Peter Knox
- Alex Kingston as Sarah Bishop
- Valarie Pettiford as Emily Mather
- Gregg Chillin as Domenico Michele
- Elarica Johnson as Juliette Durand
- Greg McHugh as Hamish Osborne
- Trevor Eve as Gerbert d’Aurillac
- Daniel Ezra as Nathaniel Wilson
- Aisling Loftus as Sophie Wilson
- Tanya Moodie as Agatha Wilson
- Sorcha Cusack as Marthe
- Trystan Gravelle and Peter McDonald as Baldwin Montclair
- Lindsay Duncan as Ysabeau de Clermont
- Holly Aird as Françoise
- Tom Hughes as Kit Marlowe
- Michael Lindall as Walter Raleigh
- Sheila Hancock as Goody Alsop
- Paul Rhys as Andrew Hubbard
- Steven Cree as Gallowglass
- Adelle Leonce as Phoebe Taylor
- Elaine Cassidy as Louisa de Clermont James Purefoy as Philippe de Clermont Michael Jibson as Rudolf II
- Olivier Huband as Fernando Gonçalves Jacob Ifan as Benjamin Fuchs
- Ivanno Jeremiah as Christopher Roberts Toby Regbo as Jack Blackfriars
- Joshua Pickering as young Jack Blackfriars Parker Sawyers as Ransome Fayrweather
The show was executive produced by Lachlan MacKinnon, Jane Tranter, Julie Gardner, Kate Brooke, Deborah Harkness, Farren Blackburn, Ryan Rasmussen, Susie Conklin, Pete McTighe, and Lisa Holdsworth, Helen Raynor and produced by Radford Neville, Dominic Barlow, and Edoardo Ferretti.